Thursday, January 5, 2012

Mirror Coasters

Today let's make something for the home, mirror coaster! I saw a picture of these on Joann Fabrics website and they look expensive but so easy to make!

What you will need:

- Cork sheets
- 1" Mirror squares (12 per coaster)
- 1/2" Mirror squares (16 per coaster)
- Glue (I used Tacky Glue)

I was able to find all the supplies locally at Hobby Lobby, they can also be found at Michael's and Joann Fabrics. The cork can be purchased as a sheet like above or as precut 4" by 4" squares.

These coasters are so simple, all you do is glue the tiles onto the cork! I found it easiest to glue the squares one row at a time. I started with the bottom row and worked my way up. When I got to the second row, I started with the smaller squares and did the 1" outer squares last. I finished with the top row of 1" squares.

Make sure the glue is dry, wipe them off with glass cleaner and they are ready to use!

No comments: