Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Scaly Dinosaur with Crackle Paint

This post came about on a routine trip to Hobby Lobby with an impatient 18 month old. I was looking for a frame for an upcoming post when meltdown mode started, but mid meltdown Mason looked over and said "Roar!". He found a little wooden dinosaur and with a little crackle paint and yellow and green paint I had at home, Voila!

First coat with the base color and let it dry completely.

Then cover the entire product with a coat of crackle paint, but DO NOT let it dry all the way. When the paint is "tacky", paint over it with the top color. It will crackle as it dries. Be careful not to over brush with the top color, it will affect the crackling, as will letting the crackle paint dry too much.

The best part is there is no right or wrong way to do this! I think I let the face dry a bit too much before adding the top color, but now I can paint a cute face on him!

No comments: